F1 2010 British Grand Prix doubts for Donington Park
Gambling Online | October 14, 2009
Silverstone may still yet see F1 action at the historic track after doubts were raised about Donington ParkÂ's ability to be ready in time for the 2010 race.
Boss of Donington Park racetrack, Simon Gillett said at the beginning of this week that they had been given an extension by F1 Chiefs so they could provide Â"financial guaranteesÂ" before the British Grand Prix was officially handed over from Silverstone.
Since Gilletts announcement F1Â's Bernie Ecclestone has denied what was said and that no extension had been given to the deadline and accused Gillett of breaching the contract. He went on to say that they have informed him of his error and he has 14 days to rectify the breach... so it would seem the deadline has been extended, sort of.
Donington accepted a 17 year contract to host the British Grand Prix but if all the issues arenÂ't ironed out within the deadline Ecclestone has said he will terminate the deal with the circuit. Silverstone bosses have said that they are ready to step in if the deadline is not met Â– this could see them take over the whole 17-year contract.
Damon Hill, who is now President of the British Racing DriversÂ' Club after his successful career as an F1 driver, has said "We're ready to go but as yet we have not seen a sustainable, affordable contract. We want to provide a really great venue for the fans but in order to do that we will need the kind of contract which provides enough scope to develop the facilities without too much risk of the company going bust."
Gambling Online Magazine - The largest print magazine for online gambling in the world covering poker, sports, casino and lifestyle